Providing funding for health and wellness solutions in Western Marquette County!
Western Marquette County Health Foundation Awards Spring Grants (April 2017)
Ishpeming- MI – On Wednesday, May 24. 2017, the Western Marquette County Health Foundation (WMCHF) will have their spring grant ceremony from 12:00-12:30 in the Foundation office (910 Us Highway 41 West in Ishpeming). WMCHF funded $31,554 in the competitive spring grant cycle and $12,500 in the municipalities grant cycle. The successful recipients are:
- Lake Superior Hospice- $1,640: Funding will support the creation of their registration and program brochure that will provide scholarships for Western Marquette County.
- Great Lakes Recovery Center- $9,853.64: Funding will establish a Medicated Assisted Treatment (MAT) Clinic in Ishpeming.
- Summer Speech Program – $2,000: Funding will provide direct services to children with therapy needs, provide supplies and cover necessary program costs.
- Women’s Center– $5,000: Funding will assist with emergency expenses for client’s healthcare and provide services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Alzheimer’s Association– Greater Michigan Chapter- $5,000: Funding will provide scholarships to families along with five education programs targeting Western Marquette County.
- Just Believe– $1,000: Funding will assist with awareness programs explaining the dangers of over-exposure to the sun.
- NICE Community Schools- $2,312 Funding will assist with the Farm to Table program in Westwood High school. It will give youth the opportunity to choose fresh ingredients from a salad bar.
- Cancer Care of Marquette County-$3,000: Funding will assist patients with appropriate medications, supplies and medical treatments that are essential to battling cancer.
- City of Ishpeming (Municipalities)- $10,000: Funding will assist with the Foot Trail Link/Connector Project. This project creates non-motorized trails to promote health and wellness in Ishpeming.
- Ishpeming Township (Municipalities)- $2,500: Funding will assist with the 5-year recreation plan. It will specifically assist with the purchase of ‘Zero Gravity’ chair swings (for special needs children) and a frame.
To learn more about the grant making policy, procedure and applications, please go to www.wmqtcountyhealthfoundation.org. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Foundation at (906) 486-1111 or by email email@example.com.
SAVE THE DATE: SEPTEMBER 9, 2017
Registration and Sponsorship form can be found HERE..
To learn more about the foundation, contact Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 906-486-1111.