Providing funding for health and wellness solutions in Western Marquette County!
The Western Marquette County Health Foundation next grant cycle is April 1, 2017! We encourage community members to apply for a grant with the foundation this spring.
The Foundation is dedicated to providing funding for health and wellness solutions for the communities within Western Marquette County. This includes (but not limited to):
• Chronic Disease Education: Diabetes, Asthma, Arthritis, Cancer, Heart Disease
• Mental Health and Social & Emotional Support
• Prenatal Health
• Health and Wellness
• Un-or under-insured, primarily children
In the last fiscal year, these grants have provided necessary support for a number of organizations, including (but not limited to):
• Ishpeming, Negaunee, NICE and Republic/Michigamme School Districts;
• Diabetes Education and Awareness for the Upper Peninsula Diabetes Outreach Network;
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Marquette and Alger Counties to promote GirlPower West to young women;
• Teaching Family Homes;
• Do it for Daniel; and
• And much more!
The Foundation will prioritize funding based on programs that service a specific geographic area, which is defined as the two cities (Ishpeming & Negaunee) and nine townships (Ishpeming, Negaunee, Ely, Republic, Michigamme, Tilden, Champion, Humboldt, Richmond). Funding can be provided to applications that seek to enhance health and wellness in the region. However, the foundation WILL review grants for programs that benefit the population of Marquette County and the Upper Peninsula.
To learn more about the foundation, contact Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 906-486-1111.